blah blah blah what were you expecting?

1.23.2005

C'est La Vie

For those of you who attempted to stop in today for Phluphphee's memorial service - my apologies for not being at home. It truely wasn't my intention - as I'm positive that having closure to this time in my life would mean a great deal to me. However - it seems that last night, some jackass decided to jackass around - apparently infront of my house - and jackassed around enough to drive headfirst into the power pole out front. Jackass was okay - as they always are. However - the after effect of his jackassing turned out to be that my entire block was without power from that point last night until about 15 minutes ago. Now - I'm not sure if you're all aware of this - but I live in Canada. And it is the dead of winter. No power = no heat. For the most part. So - I shacked up for the night at my Great Auntie Sylvia's house. I smell of old now. So - not only have I not had closure on the entire fish thing - but I've now got to face the reality that there's a 24 hour chunk of my life I'm never going to get back - and that it's lost somewhere between mothballed afghans and a bowl of stuck together hard candy. I smell of old.
Ya know - you take a look at Phluphphee, Pete and now Jackasses and Great Auntie Sylvia - and you just have to wonder what the hell is going on in the world. I mean - the Pete story - it's like a bull in a china shop. HA! ZING!
(I've been waiting to make that reference because it's cheesey and we love cheese!!) Sometimes - Life is just meant to be a lil' more whacky - just roll with it!
As we say here in Canada - What're ya gonna do, eh? C'est la vie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home