blah blah blah what were you expecting?

10.22.2005

Tex-ass, Wings, Fair, Hockey and stuff!

Well.

What can I say?

BEST TRIP TO TEXAS EVER!!!!!

As all the buzz has said already - it's true that my amazing and wonderful and awesome boy proposed to me yesterday!!

Questions of how it happened. I landed at DFW and he picked me up and I had the most amazing and meaningful hug of my life after what had been the worst time in my life ever. He took me for lunch, and then back to the house to drop stuff off and freshen up. See - we had appointments ready for mani/pedi time at May's nails (something we'd always wanted to do together but were generally too lazy to pull off!) After that, we were to get semi-dolled up and go out to a nice diner - which for 2 people that love Sunday pants as much as us - it should of maybe sent off some warning lights in my head, but it didn't. I was just excited to get prettied up to go out for supper. However, we were running late getting back to the house and getting out to do our nails so something else must of clicked in Joey's head - we're not gonna make supper. So, while i was in the bathroom freshening, he yelled for me to come into the other room. Once there, he stood up, grabbed my hand and kissed it, got down on one knee and said some of the most amazing things I've heard ... I think. I say that because upon realizing what was going on, my mind kinda went blank, and the only thing that went thru my head while he was speaking was "I'M GETTING ENGAGED! I'M GETTING ENGAGED!!" At some point, he opened a little ring box to present to me what is the most beautiful and amazing and perfect "finger wing" (somehow, somewhere back when I was in Australia him and i started refering to engagement rings as finger wings...) I'd ever seen. *Insert Janey Bouncing Here* - which I did for awhile - and I won't lie - there were also some happy tears! Somewhere in there I managed to squeek out a "yes" to the question of "will you marry me?".

He apologized last night that it hadn't been more "romantic" - but to me it was perfect because it was about *us* - not the surroundings. Plus - had he taken me for supper then for a walk a park at night -as he had planned - that would of sent up HUGE alarms that something was coming, and at that point then, we'd run the risk of me shitting myself in public.

At any rate - HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A FIANCE!!!!!

We dont have much details worked out other than hopefully May-ish for a wedding. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other - non-me-being-engaged news....

I had my first trip to the State Fair of Texas today - it was pretty friggin' neat. Y'all know me - i HATE rides, but i got to shop and eat foods I've never really seen before, so I was pretty happy about that. We got my "mom #2"'s Christmas present - some shoes (we call the Crocs back home - they're called Nothings or something here - super comfy!!) and I got some lotions n' stuff and a .... uh... hehe Vitamix. Which - for those of you that know me well - know I was exposed to said vitamix in australia this passed year when Hoste and Plover bought one after their wedding. Super cool blender that is so much more than just a blender. I'm not going to get into it - just know I'm friggin' happy!

Tonight - also - a night of first's -

I got to go to my very first Dallas Stars game on our season tickets that were bought when I thought I'd be living down here for most of the season. Oopie on that one. But we went to watch them (sadly) beat Calgary in what was a really exciting game. I get to take a few more while Im down here - most excited about the 2 Oilers games! WOOHOOO!!

Tomorrow I get to go and jinx the Cowboys with Joey, Giggles and WG. I say jinx because even if I show only 10 seconds of interst in the team, they start to lose. I find great humour in it. Those that like the Cowboys don't appreciate it.

I am also lucky to have a friend from Canada that's gonna be down here tomorrow night that we're going to take out for eats (mexican i believe mmmmmm) so that will be VERY awesome. Hell i was excited just in and of itself but now that i get to show off my ring.... oooooo aaaaaaah oooooooh !!!!!!!!!!!!

So on that note - my boy .. erm... FIANCE - just made me fried rice that Imma gonna go enjoy. Mmmmmm engaged rice bliss!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home