blah blah blah what were you expecting?

10.03.2005

Tis the season...

For sore throats, swollen tonsils, infected ears, coughing, sneezing and aches all over.

For those of you *not* from the fabulous place that IS Saskatchewan - this is very common when the temperature fluctuates between +20 and +5 on any given day. Basically - when you go from hot to cold in no time flat - what do you expect right? C'est la vie - that's the price you pay for living in a place that has no tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, mudslides and other various and fun natural disasters that plague other areas of the world. If flu, snowstorms and the odd (one in 28 years!) tornado is all you have to live through - sounds like paradise to me!

In other news, it is my turn for the month exchange of residents between Texas and Saskatchewan. That means on 21Oct I will be jetting off from Minot (gotta mix my departure point up a bit!) to Dallas for a couple weeks of fun with my boy. We'll be hitting the Texas State Fair dealie (he talks quite highly of it - I'm not sure it could *possibly* top the North Dakota State Fair - but we'll see!) as well as using up a few of the hockey tickets we have down there. It'll be awesome to actually *use* some - for me. He's been to every game he could go to so far. Spoiled brat that he is.

I have my attire planned for going to the games. I'll get a chance to take in 2 Oilers' games, so that's awesome! I went out and got some nice new Edmonton gear to wear to it. For the rest of the Canadian games (because there's a few while I'm there!) I'll be the one wearing a team Canada sweater. My boy will hopefully protect me against any of the big assholes that see to it to taunt the Canadian. And stop me from kicking some ass!

Other than that, I'm not sure what else we have planned for my time down there. I'll have to buy Jack a birthday present as today he turns 30-something. So I'll do what I can to find him a cool Cowboys present. Which means SHOPPING! So excited for shopping. Make my usual trip to Sephora. I also found a new store online called Ulta that I will drag my boy to. He's VERY good about going to my girly makeup stores with me. One of many reasons I love him!

Other than that I'm sure we'll make a couple stops in to my fave. eating establishments. You know, Sonic, Neuvo Leon (I can't spell...), Uncle Julios, Chipoltle etc... Have I ever mentioned how fucking hard it is to eat sensible in Texas? It's fuckin' HARD!! Too many good foods that you can't get here. So not fair.

Man - I just realized I rambled about boring useless shit for way too long this post. I apologize for that! Maybe at some point I'll have something to post that isn't boring and useless. Just don't hold your breath!

Ciao!

10 Comments:

Blogger [42]Sanford said...

don't worry about Stars fans taunting you b/c you're Canadian. Hell, Stars fans (for the most part) will sing along with both national anthems when we're playing a Canadian team, so you got nothing to worry about.

They'll just rag you for wearing an Oilers' sweater, but it'll be no different than picking at anyone wearing any other sweater to a Stars game.

I mean, c'mon, you guys know you do it to everyone too, eh?

11:46 p.m.

 
Blogger janie canuck said...

hell yeah we do ;) it's just i've never been the minority!!

4:34 p.m.

 
Blogger joey texan said...

fixed your lazy links :D and what makes you think i'll protect you... i might be the one giving you to most shit :P

5:33 p.m.

 
Blogger janie canuck said...

See - now you just got yourself in even MORE shit then you were in for previous comments over the last 2 days.

Get a shovel and start diggin' yourself outta that huge ass hole!

5:56 p.m.

 
Blogger [42]Sanford said...

did she just call you a huge asshole?

10:46 p.m.

 
Blogger joey texan said...

heheh not quite, but i'm sure something nasty is coming

11:56 p.m.

 
Blogger [42]Sanford said...

hey now, i don't wanna hear about you two and "nasty things coming"

1:18 a.m.

 
Blogger janie canuck said...

boys boys boys!

1. huge. ass. hole. not huge asshole. :D

2. nasty things coming - Giggles - you pervert!

ooopie - brain just shut off - I'm all out of what I was gonna say ... damn ...

3:57 a.m.

 
Blogger [42]Sanford said...

i have a tendency to do those sorts of things...

12:46 p.m.

 
Blogger janie canuck said...

I'll second that!!

We'll just ignore the fact of some of the things that come outta my mouth and focus on the fact that THIS time .... it was Giggles!

5:35 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home