blah blah blah what were you expecting?

12.07.2005

*insert blank stare here*

I know I tend to lean towards the over-emotional. I know that sometimes I feel emotions so deeply it scares me. I know that sometimes I wish that I could be numb like most people. And sometimes I find emotion in something that is absolutely the last thing I should be finding it in.

Here's the thing...

Tomorrow, I "move" into my new apartment in Regina. New bed, cable and internet will be hooked up, toiletries, pictures, and truely a minimal amount of furniture. As anyone who knows me knows - I just spent the last 4 odd years as a home owner in Regina. My own house, my own space, my own stuff.

Here's the twisted unreal emotional part:

I've been draggin' my ass all week moving to Regina. Partly because of the sudden cold spell (who wants to move then?!?), partly because the emptiness of the apartment in an area I'm unfamiliar with is a little scary (hellooooo TV!), partly because I didn't want to live there without internet (hi, addict :D) and just a few minutes ago I got in touch with perhaps the biggest reason of all.

Reality has set in. In a few months, I am (HAPPILY!!) going to be a married woman. Which means - for good reasons or for bad - the bottom line is I'm very likely to never live in this house again. My home - the place I grew up in, the place where I know every in and out. Unless (and it's unlikely - come on - I don't work!) I can afford to someday buy the house from Mom and Dad when they decide to downsize (because really, I would LOVE THAT....) tonight will be the last night I live in this house. Granted, there will be nights - many nights - spent here in my future, thankfully.

So instead of sleeping when I'm tired and headachy and have to be up bright eyed and bushytailed to make the long (HA! 2 hours - some cities that's not even long enough to get out of! [IE Calgary - Hi 1 hour to get from Happy Brother's house onto the highway last week...]) and boring drive to Regina, I sit awake - thinking of everything I've ever experienced in this house. And there's a lot - good and bad! Because tomorrow, I move into my transition place. A place that is by no means permanent, but a place that will easily fill it's purpose for the time being.

Anyone wanna put bets on if there's gonna be tears? Seriously - you could totally make money off my crying...

Ah well - C'est la vie. I guess instead of emotional I could call myself sentimental. Except for the fact that I truely am an emotional mess.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home