blah blah blah what were you expecting?

3.23.2005

Aaaaah sweet holiday life....

Hey hey hey from the otherside of the world! I've got a minute so I thought I'd pop on and leave a message here.... go me!
I'm having a really good time here in Australia. DEF. missing a lot of North American based things, and my liver is about to give notice that it's vacating the body - but those things aside it's been good.
I got to see on of my oldest friends ever tie the proverbial knot a week and a half ago, in what is, hand's down - the most beautiful place I've ever been! I'm not going to say where, beacuse I've vowed to not let it become an over-touristed out place as it would take away so much of what it is - but believe me when I say - AMAZING!! I would love to link on some pictures, however, airhead that I am - I lost the battery charger for my digital camera right before leaving so I've got to wait until I get the bazillion rolls of film developed. Also - for those of you so inclined, I've got it all on video as well! (my skills really do speak for themselves - please note the mild sarcasm there!)
So now - we're in Ballarat where J&M live. This is my first visit here since they bought their house a year or 2 ago - and it's an amazing house. However, I will never understand the no basement thing. (Which - is how they do things in Texas as well.... funked up....) But i give them credit because the whole toilet in a seperate room from the bathroom iskinda cool - and they know a thing or 2 about flushing toilets here too. Half flush vs full flush - one for wee and one for poo. It's amazing!
We took her mom and aunt ont eh Great Ocean Road the other day.... absolutely amazing, yet again. I'm in awe of the beauty of the world sometimes - even though it sounds so cheesey! And last night we spent a night camping in the Grampians - which are the mountains around here. Again - absolutely beautiful - MacKenzie Falls? SEE IT!!
Other then that I've only had 2 mild brushes with deadly or hurtful animals since I've been here. And considering how many of them there are in this country - that's not bad at all. The first one a few nights ago was a white back spider - or something close to that name! It was just hangnin' out in J&M's house - conflicting reports as to whether or not it's deadly, or just gonna kick your ass. Then, last night when we were camping, I took my drunk ass to the swag to call it a night, only to have J&M and the Israelie (bite me I can't spell) couple from the campsite next to us discover that I apparently had a scorpion by my head. They made a big deal of it last night to the extent of getting rid of it - but wouldn't tell me until today what was actually there. I assured them I wouldn't be camping again in death-land aka Australia! That being said - I think we're gonna try to go to a different camping area later on in the trip.
In other news - 15 more sleeps til I'm back in God's country - aka Saskatchewan. I'll be sad to see Australia gone - but I have to admit I'm very excited to get on the path for what my new life has for me! Also - I get to see my boy 4 days after i get home ....WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! For lots of days too so neener neener neener! Plus - I'll get to show K in Estevan the wedding video, at which point i'm sure we'll laugh and cry and laugh and cry - it'll be beautiful!
And on that note - I'm going to sign off as I don't feel like typing anymore :D I feel kind of bad - I'venot sent a big email out to everyone telling them of the trip, but I'm writing on here about it. However, in my defense for those that may be reading - it's because I want J to email everyone about her wedding before I put MY twist on it so I'm holding out for her to get off her butt and do it first! SO THERE! LAY OFF ME!!!!!!!!!
take care all and be nice to each other!
have a good one!


oh yeah ps - pie's kick ASS :D :D :D :D :D (Yes, that is a 5 big smile out of 5 big smile rating!!)

ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger joey texan said...

i'm not being nice to anyone, and there is nothing you can do about for 19 sleeps :P :P :P :P :P

and from all accounts, i'm surprised your liver hasnt already revolted... maybe that's what kept the scorpion from actually attacking you... it figgered that you might kill it with your b.a.l. ;)

3:18 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home