blah blah blah what were you expecting?

4.20.2005

You make me wanna La-La

Yeah I hate that friggin' song too, but some stupid commercial has been playing it all day. Deal.

Ah what to write what to write what to write....

Okay - So I'm in Texas, doing Texas type things. "What's THAT mean??", you may ask. Well - Imma only going to discuss this once, so enjoy it.

Saturday afternoon - after eats with my boy and his dad - I was enlightened by what was my first (and with Gods on my side - last) gun show. or is it gunshow - I know not. What I DO know is - what a creepy, CREEPY experience!! Serious - I don't mean no disrespect - but come ON now. Do people really think there's no problem with all these weird people wandering around with guns strapped to their backs?? Sorry - but my idea of fun doesn't begin by walking through a door that has a sign that says "Please unload ALL guns". Well - I mean - don't get me wrong - there was the cool booth with the blinking Canada flag pin - that was neat :D And for the record - it would be an AMAZING place to people watch - if you weren't scared shitless that they'd shoot you for staring!! But iunno - there's a certain level of discomfort that comes from being in a place like that. Do we even HAVE shit like that in Canada??

Also - does no one see anything weird about the 2 obvious biker-gang guys (I can't remember WHICH gang - but we'll just say they weren't trying to be nonchalant (sp) about it...) wandering around looking to purchase guns? I'm SURE they were eyeing up the oozies!! (Okay - there were no oozies there.... but whatever!)

Other then gun show fun - not a lot to rant about. I CAN offer this little tidbit though: visiting Dallas - REALLY sucks when you're sick almost the entire time. And it's NOT allergies, despite what some people (JOEY!!) say!! Serious - Saskatchewan people - can you vouche for me here? How much do MOST people up there suffer for allergies? It's HUGE - if I ain't got 'em there - I ain't got 'em here!!

OH OH OH OH OH!

I forgot to letcha's know - I went to check out the school that I'm going to go to here - and despite it's lack-luster appearance on the outside - the inside is pretty fuckin' good and the courses are exactly what I'm looking for. So that means - with fingers crossed - that I will hopefully be moving down here within the next little while to become Queen of the World.... uhm... er.... uh.... I mean - to go to cooking school! WOOHOO!!!!!! After sitting on a year - actually seeing where I could be learning for the next several months of my life - it makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside! So as long as the US Government decides I am worthy of a student visa, and assuming they haven't given them all out to people less worthy - I should hopefully be able to obtain at least ONE of my goals within the next year..... SWEET!

So I think that's about it.... Maybe tomorrow night while someone's at work I'll post again - or maybe - I'll sit on my ass and do nothing - I guess we'll see :D

That is all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home