blah blah blah what were you expecting?

5.11.2005

Thank GOD I'm Canadian!

Posting overload tonight - but I just can't stop! Was just having a quick read through the news before bed and I stumbled upon this article:

New World Islands Emerge from Dubai's Waters

And all I can say is - THANK GOD I live in Canada - and Saskatchewan for that matter. Where I can see for as far as the eye can see - where the simple act of reclaiming land isn't cause for land prices to skyrocket. Where every bit of land isn't seen as a dollar sign, whether it's above or below water.

There's somethings in life worth being a wee bit materialistic about - we all have our triggers. For the life of me though - I can't figure the draw in this one. Something about raising an island from the ocean floor in attempt to make one of the richest countries on earth even richer - is really unsettling.

Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home