blah blah blah what were you expecting?

7.14.2005

Tex-ASS

I left Calgary yesterday to fly down here to Dallas. Such a long ordeal. On Tuesday I flew from Regina to Calgary. I was uberlucky that Dupe had an extra bed in her hotel room so I crashed there for a few hours because at 330am I had to leave from the hotel to the airport for my flight to Tex-ass.

You know it's going to be a great day when...

Waiting outside for the shuttle bus I had arranged for the night before, I was reading the paper and enjoyiong what truely was a perfect evening, temperature wise. I check the time - few minutes past 330... not to worry - I'm sure they'll be there. I keep reading the paper, and reading up on all the exciting Calgary Stampede news (news? what news? people get up, they start to drink, they get drunk, they be assholes - lather, rinse, repeat - it's great fun!) As I'm standing there I see a white stretch limo pulling into the hotel parking lot so I kind of try to position myself outta the way, expecting 20 rich-too-young and obnoxious to boot drunk assholes to pile out of the limo. Instead, the driver walks over to me and says "Janie? The shuttle bus is broken - they've sent me to get you." So now I get to at least pretend *I* am on e of those rich-too-young but NOT obnoxious or drunk assholes... who knew that pulling up to the airport in a huge limo would be such an amazing feeling?? Kinda embarrasing - but mostly awesome because - it was 4am - no one was around to gawk.

So here I am in Hotland... aka Tex-ass. And apparently - it wasn't even "that hot" yesterday. I'm going on strike if it gets uber hot and not leaving the airconditioning! It's def. got the humidity thing going on. That rocks considering that my current illness was apparently brought on by humidity - as it has been in the past. Speaking of sick - I'm slowly gettin' better. It's officially a week today that I've been feeling like COMPLETE ass. The pills are working great - I just gotta drag Joey outta bed cuz I have to take them with food and I ain't got none.

Guess I'll go wake his ass up now!

Have a good one people - I know I will!

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home